Skip to Content

Tenant Questions

  1. I live in Section 8 Housing. What steps do I take to resolve a problem?

    • Talk to the on-site or property manager
    • Contact the Management Company/Owner
    • If those steps do not resolve the problem and you live in one of the properties administered by L.A. LOMOD, please call LOMOD’s Resident Hotline at 877-240-4904 or email your concern by clicking here.
  2. Who do I contact regarding health and safety issues?
    If you are aware of any health and safety issues at your HUD-subsidized project, first contact your apartment manager or agent. If the health and safety issue is not corrected, please call LOMOD at 877-240-4904, Monday through Friday, between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. pacific time.
    LOMOD will respond to messages within:

    • one hour of receipt for life threatening health and safety issues; and
    • two business days of receipt for non-life threatening health and safety issues.
  3. I am looking for housing. Is there a list of HUD - assisted buildings in California?
    Click this link to go to HUD's listing of assisted builidings in California. You can search by location, type of community, and unite size. 
    HUD Affordable Apartment Search
  4. I'm a Section 8 tenant. How is my rent calculated?
    You apartment manager asks you for information on the income of all your family members to do the calculation. You will pay about 30% of income for rent. Please click this link to read more about it on the HUD website. You can learn more about why it's important to report.
    HUD How Your Rent is Calculated